Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Main purpose of the job: To supervise and control warehouse resources and equipment ensuring the smooth flow of the warehouse work streams, considering safety of staff and quality to the customer whilst maintain resource costs in line with department budget.
Responsible to: Warehouse Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To manage stock integrity: the receipt, storage, retrieval and timely preparation and loading of goods for shipment.
2. To organise and allocate the warehouse teams duties on a daily basis, to maintain high levels of motivation within the team to ensure that good team work leads to excellent customer service.
3. Manage daily/weekly running costs – Staff Costs / Consumables etc.
4. To plan and manage staffing resource effectively ensuring effective deployment and to carryout departmental induction for all new employees on their start date.
5. Liaise with admin regarding any account queries and deal with them in a professional and timely manner, ensuring the customer is serviced as expected.
6. Ensure all essential paperwork is channelled back through admin to ensure a smooth flow of information.
7. Maintain high standards of housekeeping in the warehouse and surrounding site to ensure all associated risks are minimised.
8. Oversee the maintenance of machinery and equipment, to ensure that all is fit for use and that only fully trained staff are allowed to utilise such equipment.
9. Maintain a high standard of Health & Safety awareness and ensure all procedures are in place and they are followed.
10. Ensure all new staff are trained and that all Standard Operating Procedures are in place and clearly understood and adhered to.
11. To ensure customer accounts are managed as per the processes any agreed SLA’s.
12. Ensure orders are checked before leaving the warehouse.
13. Review and manage site performance data.
14. To report any issues or concerns to your Manager as and when they arise, and to work with him to ensure that they are successfully resolved.
15. Ensure that all staff operate within the rules of the business; and also ensure that any
Inappropriate actions or behaviours are challenged, and corrective measures taken.
16. To deputise for the Warehouse Manager as appropriate and to make the necessary decisions and give work load direction during those periods.
17. To carry out requests as directed by the Warehouse Manager
Paying £27,295 PA
The role is working Monday to Friday
You will be required to work 6am –2pm , 2pm -10pm , 8am – 5pm
Offering immediate start on a permanent contract